My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
Finding the right birthday (or any type) gift can be tough but with this birthday gift guide, you can’t go wrong! I’ve listed out some of my favorite gift options in a few categories.
At this stage, your one year old has gained so many new skills, it’s very hard to keep up with them! For their upcoming birthday, you want to be sure to get them things that help develop and hone in on their newly acquired skills.
They are probably all about grabbing and stacking so the perfect toys for them are
- At this stage, your one year old has gained so many new skills!
- Gifts that help develop those new found skills are the perfect addition to any home with a growing toddler!
- Try for toys that help with grabbing things, this promotes pinching (the opening/closing motion of their little fingers).
- At this age, toddlers love to stack or fill things, so a set of stacking cups, bowls or cubes are a great idea.
Another great way to make the gift more personal, instead of a card, you can do a book(s) and add a little note card! I’ve created a cute little card that’s easy to print out & add to any gift! Check it out below!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY FREE BIRTHDAY CARD PRINTABLE
1. Flashy/Noisy Gifts
Many toddlers at this stage are LOVING banging things together or shaking things up to hear what sounds they can make. Play to this new found curiosity. Below are my top suggestions that aren’t too crazy annoying for the parents:
- Who doesn’t love tea sets? This V-Tech Learn & Discover Pretty Party Playset is the best addition to any play kitchen.
- It’s never too early to start learning, this LeapFrog Electronic book is perfect to get them going. It comes in 6 different versions, so you can go with 100 words, animals, places, etc.
- Now that your little bebe is mobile, this is the perfect time to get that musical floor mat keyboard; they are going to love all the sounds/noises they can make just by moving around!
- One of their new favorite games is most likely, peek-a-boo, and instead of having you sit there forever, try this Stuffed Elephant with Flappy Ears. This has seriously been a favorite since my SIL got this for Cam. While it does come in different animals, the elephant has been the favorite of all the littles.
2. Educational Gifts
Another great idea to promote their new found curiosity and skills are more educational (think Montesorri) toys.
- Wooden Kids Baby Activity Cube – This wooden cube is perfect for that growing toddler curiosity. Each panel has something different that will help develop those newly found skills.
- Puzzles – This pack of 6 puzzles is perfect to help with their pincher skill.
- Sorting Puzzles/games are the perfect blend of fun and educational. This garden patch one has various sizes and colors that are sure to catch their eyes!
3. Personalized Gifts
For those littles that are near and dear to your heart, a personalized birthday gift is the way to go. It’s something that you both can treasure for years to come. Honestly, two of my favorite gifts is a personalized book (this is the girl’s version but I’ve also added the boy’s one here) or a wooden puzzle with the child’s name on it. Another way to go is a stuffed toy, blanket, or even artwork that has a special meaning. Like maybe what their name means, or the night sky on the day they were born.
4. Budget Friendly
A few of the items above are budget friendly but I’ve also listed out a few more ideas that are great ideas!
- The Bubble Lawn Mower is like a right of passage for any toddler! The entire set includes an electric mower, 5 bubble wands, bubble tray, 5 mini wands (in different shapes) and 3 extra bottles of bubbles all for under $20!
- Every child loves to build and then knock things down (trust me, my 3 year old finds it hysterical). Mega Bloks are a perfect size for those little fingers to easily grasp onto.
- Another great idea for early learning is this Mushroom Garden; this is a great toy, because it helps your little one learn colors and numbers all while playing music!
Choosing the right birthday gift doesn’t have to be stressful nor does it have to be boring. There are so many great birthday gift ideas out there today that no matter what you end up going with, the little 1 year old will love it! For some more ideas check out my Top 10 Outdoor Toys for Toddlers.