If you know me, then you know, that I have ALWAYS loved Christmas, it is legit my favorite time of the year. I would listen to Christmas music all year round if I didn’t think my family would commit me.
Some of my most treasured memories are from the holiday season and I want to bring that into my family. Especially with everything going on this year, I really wanted to make this year to be special.
A lot of my decorations have been passed down to me from family, so I don’t really ever work with a theme, but I will try and add new pieces here and there though. Whatever isn’t a new/newer piece, I’ll let you know and point you to something similar. I love the sentimental value behind a lot of my items which is why I won’t change them out until they are literally tattered beyond repair.
This year because of having an extremely curious toddler and 2 cats, who all LOVE to climb things, I stuck to mainly floral, or table pieces (ornaments in glass lanterns or hurricanes, etc.) or wall signs & cozy things (like pillows and blankets).
Check out below for a list of my 10 favorite decor pieces.
- Buffalo Plaid Outdoor Rug – this is a new addition for me; I actually layer this with a regular doormat.
- Door Mat – this is something that I replace every year, this year I went with Christmas Trees.
- Shatterproof Ornaments – these are great for adding as vase fillers with some LED string lights or candles. I also, use these as filler ornaments for our tree, they are great for a house filled with kids and animals.
- Hallmark Stuffed Singing Snowman – this is a tradition in my family, my grandmother started it with my mom & now continues it with us kids as we’ve all gotten our own homes. Check out my post about Holiday Traditions here.
- Ceramic Light Up Christmas Tree – this is another family hand me down. Mine is white w/glitter (hand-painted by my grandma) but you can find similar ones like this one or a more traditional one.
- Cable Knit Sherpa Oversized Blanket – this is the PERFECT blanket to snuggle up on the couch with some tea or hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie with the family.
- Christmas Holiday Pillow Covers – this is such an easy way to spruce up your living space with some holiday cheer. These are a great option because they also come in different versions of a 4 pack that are sure to fit any style.
- Holiday Floral Picks – for me, I keep the same main flowers in my vases but I do change out the accent pieces to fit the season. I just searched “holiday floral picks” on Amazon and came up with a bunch of great options. There’s so much to choose from that will fit any type of theme.
- Glass Lanterns – these are honestly great for all year round, I have about 4 or 5, 2 usually go outside next to my front door & the rest are scattered throughout the house. I usually fill these with ornaments and candles for easy decor ideas.
- Countdown to Christmas – we have one that was handmade by my mother in law, every morning Cam and my husband make a big show of moving the star one day closer. You can get this Snowman one that is super cute!
To me, the holidays are a time for creating memories that will last a lifetime. Every ornament, decoration, song, or movie elicits some type of response for me and that’s what I want to do for my family.
I want them to be able to look back and remember all of the fun time and love that was shared.
Leave a Reply