My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
Sweater Weather is quickly approaching, the season where the days get shorter and colder, and everything turns brown and drab, but we like it anyway, for all of the cute and fun fall activities. And of course, for the pumpkin spice everything and chunky, cozy sweaters.
For some, fall is their favorite season of the year, but me? I’m a Christmas gal through and through, Though I will admit that fall does have its own allure. Even though I am a Christmas gal, I do love me some fall activities, especially the apple picking and farm going. This is the only time I will ever step foot on a farm so might as well just go with it.
As we get further into the season, your Instagram is going to be flooded with what has commonly been called #basic. Plaid, pumpkins and hay ‘OH MY!’ all of these things will grace our social feeds for the next 2+ months.
10 Things to do this fall with your family that are fun for everyone!
Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall…
If you live where we do, early fall is crazy. The days start out all nice and cozy and then by 12PM, you’re stripping your clothes off because you are sweating. Layering during the first few weeks of fall is the way to go.
For you momma, try layering a short sleeve or tank bodysuit with a cozy, chunky sweater. For the kiddos, the biggest trend this season are shakets jackets, layer this over a graphic tee and some sneakers and you’re good to go. For even more ideas on some key staple fall clothes for kids, check out this roundup of some of my favorite fall items for toddlers & kids.
Apple Picking and Hay Rides and Pumpkin picking, OH MY!
Gone are your beach and pool days, now you’ll spend your weekends heading to your local farms for apple picking and hay rides.
Here’s a list of 10 great family friendly fall activities you can do over the next couple of weeks.
- Go apple picking
- Take a nature walk and collect leaves and acorns. Grab some acrylic paint and have the littles make a collage of all the different leaves they found. You can also download my FREE printable scavenger hunt list at the end of this post.
- Check out farms in your area, most of them should start holding fall festivals with so many different things to do.
- Bake some amazing fall treats, like apple pie.
- Rake leaves into a pile and then JUMP into them.
- Have a campfire and make s’mores, these roasting sticks are perfect for those fire pits.
- Set up an outdoor movie with this foldable movie screen
- Make fall themed slime
- Take family photos
- Troll your local Facebook pages for some fun things around your town. September is the month where a lot of towns do carnivals or festivals.
Hoodies. Bonfires. Sweater Weather. Fall is Here.
Fall is the season where change is normal and beautiful. There are so many things you can do with your children to enjoy the weather while it’s here.
Fall is the perfect time to reflect and try to let things go.
The autumn season shows us just how beautiful it can be to let go of things so that new life may grow in its place. This season is a perfect time reflect on your life and make changes where you feel may be necessary.
Grab a journal and just start writing or if you don’t know where to begin, start out with a guided journal, this 52 week Guided Journal is great for beginners.
With fall in coming into full swing, I cannot wait to decorate! I’m still getting together items, both old and new. Be sure to check back in next couple of weeks to see how it all turned out.