My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
Fall clothes for kids are super cute and trendy and the best part? Not expensive at all. With that being said, fall is quickly approaching and that means a closet and dresser purge to make room for some new items. One of the best things about this time of year is honestly the clothes.
Fall is a time for a lot of rough outdoor play, so you definitely want to choose items that will last you more than 1 laundry cycle.
Fall clothing for kids are ALWAYS super cute, trendy, and affordable. Let’s be honest, no one wants to spend a crazy amount of $$ on clothing that 1. your child will outgrow literally by the end of the season and 2. will probably destroy over the next few months anyway.
I’ve broken them up into categories for easier viewing.
What you need to build a capsule wardrobe for your child.
- TWILL PANTS:: Favorite pants are reinforced knee twill pants. These come in 3 basic colors but you can dress them up or down depending on what’s paired with them.
- JEANS:: I like to have a few pairs of jeans on hand for weekends or when ‘dressing up’ is more appropriate. There are so many options, but for younger kids, the pull on kind are the easiest things to work with.
- SWEATPANTS:: These French Terry pull on joggers are a must in any wardrobe. They come in a ton of colors are the best part, they are ONLY $7!
- LONG SLEEVE TEES:: long sleeve tees are such a staple for kids fall clothes. They can go with almost anything and are the perfect layering piece.
- SWEATERS:: with the fall season comes all of the family get togethers. Cute little sweaters are a must for these types of events, because not only is it an easy outfit, you can layer it just in case any spills happen.
- PRE-MADE SETS:: these are great for the parents who have no idea what to put their kids in for the day. Outfits are already all set up. Carter’s has a great selection on pant sets for this upcoming fall season.
- GRAPHIC TEES:: every kid needs to have some kick-ass tees in their closet. Both Old Navy and Carter’s has a ton to chose from. These hold up really well and are expensive.
- BOOTS:: These DUCK BOOTS are great for winter if you live in an area where it snows or rain.
- RAIN BOOTS:: You can’t go wrong with these fireman rain boots, these are so cute because they have a matching rain coat.
- DRESSY(ISH):: For ‘dressier’ shoes, I love easy slip-on loafers or slip-on shoes but Carter’s has so many cute options for boots and shoes that I need them all.
So many new fall clothes, where do you put it all?!?
Organizing happens to be one of my favorite things to do. If everything is organized, then you can at least seem to have your life together. Let’s work on getting all of these new clothes ready to wear!
Once everything is unpacked from their shopping bags, it all needs to get washed. Laundry detergent is personal preference but since most kids have sensitive skin, we stick with ones that are unscented, like this All Liquid Free and Clear. For the dryer, I use the wool balls and use a few drops of essential oils for a clean scent.
Next up is the dresser and closet, these drawer dividers are perfect for any size dresser drawer. They come in a pack of 5 and are so easy to use. For the closet, this pack of hangers is the best choice, they have a ton of different colors and it comes in a pack of 50!
Now that you’ve gotten your kids decked out and organized you’re ready to hit the outdoors. Check out this Fall Activities for the Fam post to get some inspiration for your next adventure.
Drop me a comment below and let me know some of your favorite fall clothes for kids!