I absolutely love making these chicken meatballs whenever we have guests over because they require very little work for an amazing turnout. One of the things that’s great about these firecracker chicken meatballs is that you can even make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for quick add-ons to your salads or as a quick snack.
If you’re prepping this dish for a game-day or get-together, you can prep the meatballs the night before & stick them in the fridge to finish them off the next day.
When prepping, I like to pull out all of my ingredients and equipment so that it’s ready to use. I LOVE my OXO Good Grips mixing bowls, they have a silicone bottom so it makes spills/messy less likely to happen.
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- 2 baking sheets
- 1 small/medium sauce pan
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- 1½-2 lbs. ground chicken/turkey
- 4 tsp minced garlic or to taste (who doesn't love garlic)
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup hot sauce (I personally prefer Frank's)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼-½ tsp red pepper flakes (or more depending on spiciness preferred)
- salt to taste
- Place 2 over racks near center of oven and preheat to 475°. Then line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the small/medium saucepan combine all of the ingredients for the firecrack sauce over medium high heat, bring to a boil then lower heat and let simmer 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sauce cool; sauce will thicken as it cools down. This is OK.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, garlic, breadcrumbs, eggs, onion powder & paprika. Using your hands, mix ingredients umtil well combined. Be sure to not over mix as that could result in dryer meatballs.
- Using either an ice cream scoop or a cookie scooper, shape the mixture into a ball and place on baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes
- Using a slotted spoon, dip each indidvual ball into the sauce & put back on the baking sheet, and bake again for an additional 1-2 minutes. Once done baking, place on serving dish & drizzle with remaining sauce
For more easy appetizer recipes check out my 5 Easy Apps post here.
Have you tried this recipe yet? If so, let me know in the comments what you thought!