As Andy Williams sings it…’it’s the most wonderful time of the year!!’ The holiday season is upon us and honestly, this is my FAVORITE time of the year. I’ve already been given the side-eye in my house because I decoarted already and I listen to Christmas music legit every chance I get.
It has been one insanely craptastic year and what better way to get into the holiday spirit than by doing some retail therapy for your family and the little ones.
Check out my Holiday Gift Guide Series, where I give you a look at some of my favorite gifts for everyone in your family.
First up…the kiddos.
Check out the list below for some of my favorite gift ideas for babies and toddlers.
Items to work on those fine motor skills
- Jumper/Activity Center – One of my favorite things I ever received for Cam was a jumper/activity center. You can plop the little tyke in this thing from 4+months and you can get some things done around the house or even just read a book.
- Playskool Poppin’ Pals Activity Toy – This is a great toy to help the little one develop those fine motor skills…with different animals, colors, and shapes your little one can discover.
- Stacking Ring Set – this is a great gift to really work those fine motor skills. We have different versions of this same toy, Cam loves the stacking cups, now that he’s older, he builds and tower and knocks it down…
- Mr. Potato Head – Another great buy that is great for working those fine motor skills but having fun at the same time. This playset includes Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head from Toy Story.
Get those kiddos ACTIVE!
Below is a list of just a few of the things that are sure to get those kids moving and hopefully getting rid of some of that energy. These are also perfect things to have inside as well, especially if you live somewhere colder where you can’t get them outside.
- Basketball Hoop – great indoor or outdoor activity to get that energy out.
- Trampoline – Cam actually got this for his birthday this year and has absolutely loved it, we use it mainly outside but have been contemplating bringing it inside.
- Ball Pit – this one is AMAZING! it is on a deal right now and Amazon has a 5% coupon for it. This configures to so many different layouts, it’ll create hours of fun!
I’m pretty sure that when you first start out as a parent, one thing you ALWAYS say ‘I will never be the tablet parent’. I am all for limiting screen time, but if you’ve got things to do, letting your little one play around or watch a movie on a tablet is not the end of the world.
- Kindle Fire Tablet – as Cam’s gotten older, this has been a godsend! It’s so amazing to watch him grow and get better and better at using it. It has amazing content and with the app, you can control everything your child sees/does. You can also get an extra memory card to download things for on the go.
- SmartWatch – there are so many options of these out today that it’s crazy. My little guy loves pointing to momma’s watch so I’m getting him this VTech KidiZoom Smartwatch
If your kid is anything like mine, building things…and them knocking them down like he’s Godzilla is one of his favorite things to do (Hi boy mamas!).
Below are some great options to help your LO’s imagination grow.
- Train Set and Table – this train set and table setup is a great gift idea for your little guy! they can build the tracks up and then play for hours!
- MagnaTiles – we already have this clear 100 piece set, however, I already planned on purchasing the Metropolis set because my little guy is loving cars at the moment.
- Duplo Lego Sets – for those tiny little hands to easily grab, check out this Duplo Lego Set, it’s also 10% off right now!
There it is, my holiday gift guide for kids for the babies/toddlers in your life.
Hopefully, this upcoming holiday season will bring you joy and some amazing new memories!