Traditions are a part of the holiday season, these are what you want your kids to remember the most. Whether it’s baking cookies for Santa or cuddling up and watching movies.
One of my favorite memories from growing up is during the holidays, we would sit around our living room with our Christmas cards all over the place with Holiday Inn or White Christmas playing in the background.
Christmas has always been HUGE in my family, my grandfather instilled in us very young the joy of the music of the season. To this day, most of his grandchildren will start playing it before Thanksgiving.
Check out some of my favorite holiday traditions and some new ones that I plan to start with my family.
- Holiday Cards – these can either the cute family photo cards or just honestly a greeting card. I love these because it lets the people in your life know that you are thinking of them throughout the season. Check out these cute ones that come in a few different options!
- Holiday Movie Bucket List – I used to not have a bucket list because I am a creature of habit. While I love ALL holiday movies, you can usually find me watching the same 3 or 4 throughout the whole season. This list helps me keep myself in check & make sure I don’t miss one! Check out my free printable Holiday Movie Bucket List below.
- Picking out your Christmas Tree – I’m still working on convincing my husband to go cut a tree down (super doubtful that it’ll ever happen) but this is one of my favorite things to do and now that Cam is older, it’s going to be so much fun letting him join in.
- ‘Friendsmas’ – My husband has been friends with the same group of guys since before high school but as life goes, they are now all scattered around so every Christmas they all get together & go out to dinner.
- Now that they are older and all are married with children, we’ve now done a guys/girls dinner. I’ll go out with the wives and he goes out with the guys.
- Checking out the Christmas Lights – whether you drive around your neighborhood or go to somewhere that does a display. Cam is now OBSESSED with the lights, so this is going to be a blast. Check out my Instagram for pics!
- Decorating Your Christmas Tree – This was always a big thing in my family and I plan to continue with my child. I throw on a Christmas movie or some music and lay out all of our ornaments. This year our tree was way bigger than usual, so I had to get another 2 strands of our tree lights. This year was especially entertaining because Cameron is starting to understand & want to help. Check out my holiday decor post here.
Let me know what some of your favorite holiday traditions are below.