My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
As our little one is getting older, I’m so excited to try out new things. I’m also a HUGE believer in activities that serve multiple purposes. This shamrock Rice Krispies treats recipe is something fun and exciting for the little guy.
Here is the recipe I use for Shamrock Rice Krispies treats:
- medium sauce pan
- baking sheets (2)
- Large mixing bowl
- baking spray
- 5 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 5 ½ cups marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- green sprinkes
- green candies
- green food coloring (completely optional)
- Mix the sprinkles and candy in with the cereal to get it ncie & combined.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat
- Add the marshmallows to melted butter and stir until smooth
- Add in your cereal and mix well
To Make Shamrocks
- Once you have your mixture compelted place in one baking sheet that is sprayed with baking spray.
- Spread out mixture (you can have little hands help you with this part)
- Take the 2nd baking sheet & spray the bottom of it. Then press down on the mixture in the 1st baking sheet. This makes it nice and compact.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour or so.
- Grab your shamrock shaped cookie cutter and cut as many as you can.
This is the shamrock cookie cutter I used and it was great!
Pro Tip: Spray the cookie cutter with a bit of olive oil or baking spray so it doesn’t get stuck.
I love doing these treats for almost all the holiday’s/events we have because it lets the little one help out (we’ve entered the dreaded independence stage). You can grab this 12 Piece Silicone Cookie Cutters and you can help them with their shapes and just having some fun together.
Letting the kids also help out with prepping and mixing is also a great sensory activity and can help them with following instructions. They can also help you push the mixture between the two baking sheets!
If you’re looking for some more fun holiday-themed ideas to try out check out my 9 Fun St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Toddlers post here.
Let me know in the comments section if you’ve tried another fun kitchen activity with your littles!