Every mom or woman over the age of 25 should have a self-care routine. Whether it was pre-pandemic days where you spent the day at the spa or in mid-quarantine & you had to come up with an at-home spa night version.
Self-care is such an important part of anyone’s life but especially for a mom. I mention in my post about the dreaded ‘mom-guilt’, that a spa night is one of the ways I cope.
I was never a huge fan of spas, don’t get me wrong going every once in a while was amazing but I could never really get into it. So, with the at-home orders in full effect, I got creative. I decided to do an at-home version that was way more me. I’ve been loving this so much better.
What I do for a Night In
- Light some candles to set the mood & get the aroma filling the space. Or fill your diffuser with a great relaxing blend. Play some music or even set up your favorite movie on your iPad or grab that book you’ve been meaning to start.
- Fill up your bathtub with the hottest water temp possible. This will also fill your space up with some soothing steam to really relax those muscles.
- Drop a bath bomb or bubble bath while the tub is filling & let the scents overwhelm you. If you don’t have any bath bombs, you can use Epsom salt as well.
- I LOVE my water hot, like melt my skin off hot, so I’ll get in almost as soon as it’s done filling, but if that’s not your jam you can wait a bit for it to cool off.
- Maybe lay on your bed with a heating pad on your back to really loosen up…honestly, I use this thing legit every night.
- Or you can use a facial steamer for a few minutes to really open up those pores and slather on a face mask then give yourself a lil facial with the tools that come with the steamer.
- ‘Jump’ on in and slide down as much as you can. I will usually always have a water bottle with me with some super cold water & some lemons in it but you can fill it with whatever fruit you’d like or even grab a glass of wine. However, I really suggest the water bottle because with the hot water & steam, its good to stay hydrated.
- Let the aroma, bath bombs/epsom salt and face mask do their work…just relax and soak. I usually soak until the water is legit cold (depending on when I start). This also gives the face mask time to harden.
- Once you’re done with your bath, jump on out & towel off and lather up with your favorite body lotion, I usually use the Aveeno Stress Relief lotion after because it really helps me relax and fall asleep easily.
- Then get into a nice, fluffy robe like this one…and it comes in SOO many colors.
You can either stop now and get into some nice comfy pajamas or you can continue with your little spa night and do the following for an extra little pampering.
- Dip your hands and feet into a wax warmer and do a few layers and just sit back and relax.
- I love doing this in the fall/winter months because my hands & feet get really dry during the northeast winters.
- Once they are dry, I peel them off and put some cuticle oil on and slather up with some of my favorite hand and foot lotion.
That’s it…that’s my at-home spa night routine. Once I’m all done, I put on some comfy PJ’s and snuggle up in bed.
I would like to say I do this once a week but let’s be real, that doesn’t happen. However, I do try and do some type of version of this once a month.
Remember self-care is part of being healthy, mentally and physically. And a healthy mom is a happy mom!
Let me know in the comments below what you do for a self-care/spa night at home!